Sunday 15 June 2008

Conclusion of the siege of Jericho

I managed to turn up for the last witness of prayer round the infamous Calthorpe abortion clinic on Arthur Road. It consisted of a sevenfold procession rotation around the clinic in the side streets, but due to my bad foot I could only do one. Photos courtesy of Jackie Parkes, as I forgot my camera!


The whole district is one of the most affluent parts of England, with some really magnificent houses and gardens around. But it is very dark and sinister. One house next door was opening their garden for a charity event, and the people there looked at us in bemusement. I cannot help feeling for them who live there: it is like living in comfort next door to Auschwitz.


Procession with the Blessed Sacrament

Myself (in green sweater)

No comments: