Saturday 28 June 2008

The year of St. Paul

Tonight begins a special year to commemorate the 2000th anniversary of the birth of the apostle St. Paul. In my diocese of Birmingham we have been granted a plenary indulgence on tomorrow's feast subject to the usual conditions, as well as one throughout the year in every church and chapel dedicated to him.


Unfortunately the Oratory is dedicated to the Immaculate Conception rather than St. Paul, so it does not suffice for the indulgence. However as a consolation in the Oratory parish lies the school and convent of St. Paul just across the road from where I live, and the chapel is dedicated to him. So we can go there instead to gain it.


Today I also went to see the film Prince Caspian: in the next few days I shall give you my take on it, when I have the time to do so!

1 comment:

liturgy said...

Thanks

Also interested in the Prince Caspian.
I'll be writing on that.

More at
http://tinyurl.com/6b3pkr