Tuesday 1 January 2008

Happy New Year!

Jackie Parkes has said in one of her posts that I wrote some of the music for this morning's high mass in the Oratory for Our Lady, Mother of God. She is right: we performed my mass setting Missa Brevis for organ and two voices, singing Kyrie, Gloria, Sanctus and Agnus, and it was well received. It was a piece I wrote ten years ago and then threw out as substandard; but I took it out of the archives two years ago and reworked it. Not unnaturally I'm feeling very pleased with myself!

Tomorrow my holidays come to an end, and so I will not have so much time to bore you all with long essays! I shall have to be much more brief. Nevertheless, many thanks for all who have taken to trouble to visit this blog, and happy new year to you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's been nothing boring about your posts! Keep them coming..

Adulio said...

I second Jackie as well. Keep blogging. It'd be good to have a few Oratorian bloggers.

Easter Almuena said...

Beautiful picture of Mary! Happy New Year to you!

Wonderful blog!