Thursday 24 January 2008

In Malta for a short break!

I have arrived in Malta for a few days break to celebrate the Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul, and to get away from the grim months of January in England. It has been an exhausting journey where I had to stay up all night in Manchester airport, the plane was rerouted via Germany because French air control was on strike and we had difficulty in landing in Malta due to high winds. However I got here in the end, and am now staying in the Osborne Hotel, a former Knights of Malta hostel.

I absolutely hate flying: being trussed up like a chicken in a cramped seat in what seems to me to be like a flying coffin is not my idea of fun. Hence wherever possible I prefer to go by train to continental Europe. In the next few days I will only give you some very brief posts as I wish to relax and unwind, and to do this I shall grab some time in a local internet cafe. But I will try to take some pictures, which I will post when I return home to England. The island is very photogenic and well worth seeing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish we were there!